Current position and base (organization, company, etc.)
ceo @ Labo.it
Fabiano Avancini (Pd, 26/01/1969)
His passion for photography was inherited from his father, passionate with photography, in his early years
and he decided to became professional photographer. His work ranges from visual communication for
fashion and advertising to concerned photojournalism.
Lives and works in Vicenza.
1992 Reportage on bosnian refugees and displaced in Croazia.
1992 – 1996 Photojournalist for several italian and local newspaper and agencies, working daily on sport and
1996 Cofounder of the production agency LABO.it to face the challenges of digital photography and
internet in fashion, advertisement and photojournalism markets.
1996 - 2003 Wide activity in photography from local news to worldwide advertisement for several newspaper,
agencies and companies. Local and international. Consultant in development of digital assets
management for photography, over the internet, for several companies.
Creative direction on photographic projects and web sites.
2004 COLORI, Group exhibition with the children of the SOS Kinderdorf Vicenza, a pro-bono to rise found.
Conference on ethic in the use of the images in journalism and advertisement, for the italian Journalist
association an missionary press association FESMI.
2005 ANGOLA, reportage on schooling program and amputèe soccer.
2006 - Reportage in Asia on the Hansen disease in some ghosts villages, after the closing of WHO control
- “Il segreto è dirlo: raccontare la paura”. Group exhibition Auditorium ITCS, Bollate (MI).
- FACE, Galleria Estro, Padova. Texts: Fabiano Avancini, Ilaria Danieli, Marco Mathieu, Sebastiano
Zanolli, Giovanna Calvenzi.
2007 - FACE, “Rassegna Giovani Makenoise”, “Fotografia” – International Rome Festival - Rome. Texts:
Fabiano Avancini, Giovanna Calvenzi, Ilaria Danieli, Franco di Lauro, Marco Mathieu, Ferdinando
Scianna, Sebastiano Zanolli.
- CLOSE DISTANCE double solo, with Alessandro Mencarelli, at Ado Furlan Foundation,
Spilimbergo (PN) – Archive and Research Center for Photography – CRAF.
- ASIA, un itinerario sulla Via della Seta. Group exhibition on 168 year of photography in Asia, S. Vito
al Tagliamento (PN) – Archive and Research Center for Photography - CRAF.
2008 - Group exhibition at Proud Gallery in London among the winnners of the Renaissance Photography
award, of the London Photographic Association, LPA, for the Lavendar Trust Breast Cancer Care.
- Group exhibition at Calumet Photography in London Gold winner of the LPA – Fashion Chapter 2
- Xiao Fan Ru “Mao?” Project - Solo exhibition at Ca Muse, Vicenza - Italy.
- Premio della Qualità Creativa Professionale TAU Visual - Sez. Gioiello - first prize ex aequo.
- Bienal Intarnational de Artes Plasticas de Montijo, Portugal IX - Vespeira Prize “on Europe” - group
- Group Exhibition of Labo.it in Vicenza S. Bortolo Hospital – 118 Per la Vita (Emergency Medical
2 Honorable mention in the 2008 International Photography Awards Competition Editorial in
professional category for his entries, "FACE it" and "Amputee Soccer".
2009 - selected among the 150 general winners of the Fresh M.I.L.K. photography competition.
2010 - Solo Exhibition Close the Circle at UNAP - Luanda, Angola to rise fouds for schooling programs.
Hi Fabiano!, still processing the workshop? Why don't you send me some of the pictures you took last night in Barcelona? I would love to have some of them. By the way, my e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell me all you want or send me photos...Big hug, see you soon. It was a great workshop
Hi Fabiano, welcome to OPEN-i! Please take a moment to read our Community Norms and refer to the About OPEN-i section for all the info & help you need on the site. Look forward to sharing on the site!
Marcia (OPEN-i facilitator)
we are actually renting a room in our place, but I have to check with my flatmate if it's available.. sorry that I can't offer it for free! but I also have a couple of friends who are renting rooms..
I'll check! I'll know by tonight.