OPEN-i members are encouraged to upload content and contribute discussion relevant to contemporary issues and critical debate facing the photojournalism and media industries.
In the spirit of ensuring members a focused and educational experience, members are discouraged from uploading portfolio photos or videos, or using the site as a marketing tool (see community norms
), however, members can provide links on their profiles and also share events that may be of interest to the community.
This is a quick guide on the features available on OPEN-i. For help and guidance on how to use them, or to give us feedback, see the help & feedback section.
- Forum - this is the key place to discuss issues and contribute ideas.
- Webinars - every month, OPEN-i will host a live webinar led by key industry professionals. Check out the events page to view the next webinar and RSVP to receive information and updates. You can also participate in discussion before and after the webinar in the forum.
- Groups - you can create or join a group to collaborate on projects, events or discuss particular topics. Groups can be public or private, and members must join it to participate in discussions and get updates.
- Photos & Videos - upload media content that highlights relevant issues and contributes to debate. Ensure to include a short description including the source and why it may be important or interesting.
- Events - upload events including exhibitions, openings, lectures, etc. Find information on upcoming OPEN-i Webinars and network with other RSVP'ed attendees.
- Members - this is a great networking tool. Use the advanced search feature to find regional members or make contacts across the industry. Note that you can only send personal emails to those you add as friends.
- Chat - on the bottom right of the page you will find the Chat bar where you can send instant messages to other members online.
- Stay updated with what's happening on the network.
- Help plan the future of OPEN-i by participating in our development group.